translating planting plans from VW11 to VW12

daryl

We recently upgraded to VW 12.5, and we really like it. However, when I open an old VW11 file in the new VW12, all of the previously established plant record fields under the 'data' tab in the object info palette are either blank or 'undefined'. Hence the plant list shows up with the fields missing all of the info from the old file and the plant id's showing up as the default SE2, OTF etc. I would have thought this would be a simple automatic feature.

Also, when I change a plant grouping either from individual plants to a cluster or the other way around, the plant records disappear and have to be rentered!! Help!?

I do not know if this is correct but when I upgraded from VWL 11 to 12 I ran into similar issues. I decided to not open VWL 11 files in 12.

The Plant PIO though is much better in VWL 12

thanks Petri but too late- I had to spend a lot of time redoing the planting plan in VW12. Besides, these were large jobs that had just started and it will be several years before completion. By that time we'll be buying VW13.5 if not VW 14. Too cumbersome. Needs a better translation process.

Cheers

Daryl,

I wrote a detailed discussion with some ("too late") suggestions, but the forum software decided that it had taken me too long to write it, so everything disappeared.

Well, in short: you are probably out of luck in general: too difficult. There would have been workarounds, though.