Ability to select more than one door at a time...

Jodyb17

Question

7 answers to this question

George's link refers to making doors and windows into symbols. This is certainly not the same. Multiple selection of doors and windows has been on my wishlist for a long time.

What if I want to globally change the dimension of my trim, or the thickness of various lineweights? I still cannnot make that global change. I cannot do it with symbols or PIOs.

The link addresses Jodyb17's question, but ends up in a discussion of the pro's & con's of converting PIO's to symbols because you cannot select or change PIO's globally.

This is from the VW Help File:

"One-time editing: Changes to the symbol definition automatically update all the instances of the symbol in the drawing."

Thanks George. Yes symbols are wonderful when they represent more than one copy. However, even if I made all of my doors and window into symbols, I would still have 10, 20, 30... different symbols due to the different sizes and configurations.

A global change to a common attribute would still entail modifying many symbols. So while symbols can be a valuable tool, I do not see them as a solution to the stated wishlist topic/problem.

I need/want to be able to be able to select all of my doors & windows and make a global change to a common attribute.