Transparent B/W images + Layer Transfer Mode

Using VW 11, I'd like to load a B/W scanned plan into a VW drawing. Till here no problem.

Next step is to layer above this image a colored polygon to highlight a part of the drawing. This is very simple using a vector hatch that is transparent.

But how to do it with a full solid color ? I'm used to do thing like this in Adobe Illlustrator...

I though of stacking the BW image above the full solid color layer, but the "white part" of the image is not transparent. How can I do it in VW?

BTW how does (or does not) Layer Transfer Mode apply to this problem?

Thanks! grin.gif

If you import a B/W tif image into VW you select it and from the attributes panel choose pattern fill.

This gives you the choice of a forground and backgroun colour.

Choose white for the background colour and any colour you wish for the foreground.

You the have to select none instead of pattern and this will turn the bitmap image to transparent. We use it all the time.

You can create a MODLayer with a link to the imported image layer. Then on the MODLayer just draw over the top of the 'locked' linked layer.

Thanks Islandmon, what I really need is to layer a colored TRANSPARENT polygon. This way the colored polygon should let be visible the underneath scanned image because the color is transparent.

Is it possible? I tried with your solution, but I can't see how it can be colored and transparent at the same time.