VW Architect loads slowly

johncruet

VW uses file recursion to load parts , plugins & preferences. Therefore, any anomalies in the filepaths will cause stress on the load procedures.

Even a simple permission issue can produce hiccups ...

Use Disk Utility or Cocktail to check and rebind the system. Also, make sure your Vectorworks Directories are clean & well organized.

SLIGHTLY LONGER?

It took 49 plus seconds to open a document in VW 12.5 on my MacBook Pro 2.0 GB laptop.

It took 10 seconds to open a document in VW 10.5 on my G4/733 Quicksilver desktop.

I'd say I have a valid gripe here!

It's a shame because I'm very impressed with the program and the job nemetschek did upgrading it.

You are also comparing two different computers, too. There could be a myriad of reasons why it's 30 and change seconds longer.

The load also takes into consideration the number of library files that are included in the Resource Browser.

SLIGHTLY LONGER?

It took 49 plus seconds to open a document in VW 12.5 on my MacBook Pro 2.0 GB laptop.

It took 10 seconds to open a document in VW 10.5 on my G4/733 Quicksilver desktop.

I'd say I have a valid gripe here!

It's a shame because I'm very impressed with the program and the job nemetschek did upgrading it.

Am I missing something here? Some programs take longer to open than others, but I don't feel a need to "gripe". Is this really an issue?