Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

list record name in worksheet

blimey

I've posted this in the architect section but thought that it could be better here.

I'd like to list the name of the records i've attached to the various symbol I've got in my file. i've made a workshet with a criteria type=symbol; in the first column i've put =s. So the worksheet list all the symbol present in my file. Then I would like to list in a second column the name of the record that is attached to the corresponding symbol...Is ther a formula I could use so that the worksheet could do this. I've tried =Record and =recordname, but it didn't work. I've tried to look int the index of the vectorscript guide but didn't find any selector for that usage.

thank you. I didn't know one symbol could have many records attached. Is it then possible to list a flag that would return 1 if there is a record attached to a symbol and 0 if not? Or even better, would it be possible to return the number of record attached to a symbol?

You're welcome. To clarify: the statements about search criteria and formula are separate issues, although you can indeed use a field value as a database query, too.

With the formula you can list field contents in a database report / worksheet.

So, you can create the database report about all objects with 'Product data' or only those where the manufacturer is, say, Knoll.

The query can be made quite complex even by using the "More Choices" button, but occasionally one needs to first do a query, then "Edit Criteria", say "Cancel" and edit the query command manually eg. to change an AND operator (&) to an OR operator (|) or vice versa.