VW12.5 Image Extraction Feature

Johnm

In the recent WW E Newsletter you are directed to a feature in VW 12.5

"VW12.5 has a new image extraction feature that allows you to create an image from any image-based image fill,texture,or RenderWorks background in a a VectorWorks document "

I am trying to use Renderworks more in my work but have always found great difficulty in understanding the written documentation in RenderWorks ,its like learning another language , so I would be grateful if someone would give a simple explanation of what is behind this feature .

The "Colour" of textures that have an image as their Colour have not previously been editable. You had that image and that's about it.

Now you can extract the image from the Texture and manipulate it in photoshop or sim, then bring it back in to VW as a "new" image.

Great.

N.

Edited by propstuff
  • 4 weeks later...

See Jonathon's post - sort of the reverse process. You could reuse an image exported by his description that has been edited in an image editor like Photoshop.

1. Resource Browser

2. Resources

3. New Resource in(Current File Name)

4. Renderworks Texture

5. Shaders>Color>Image Color>Import Image File

6. Browse to Image location & select

George

• 4 weeks later...
Just one more question: is it possible to use an existing Image Resource in the current drawing to create a Texture?

Unfortunately, no. This is currently on the wish list.

Ok, it's been a long week and my synapses are firing in extra-super-duper-slow motion tonight, but I'm not understanding something here. Surely you don't mean you can't export an existing image resource then re-import the image as a texture, do you? Or do you mean that an image resource can't do double duty as a texture? confused.gif

The question is if you can use an image resource in the file to create a texture directly, without having to export the image resource to an image file, then use the image file to create a texture.