HP 110nr

theodor

Question

7 answers to this question

I have a 110+nr - it's pretty good, line quality could be sharper, and VW11.5 uses square pen technology rather than round pen. This means lines at angles other than 90? or 180? are drawn thicker than they should be. I think VW12xx has improved this.

I went with the HP originally because it was claimed it could run wirelessly, sadly this was not the case, somewhere there wasn't emough memory and the printer would stop after about 5 prints, never to resume without turning off and restarting. I have gone back to having a USB cable across my office floor, which is ugly but at least the printer runs as long as I can feed it. If they are still making the wireless claim, don't believe a word of it.

Oh, and it's pretty noisy when on, so I only turn it on if I have printing to do.

It's good that the heads are separate from the ink tanks - the black printer head died soon after I got it, so I refused to pay for its replacement. I would ask for your supplier to include a set of replacement ink tanks in the deal (for free of course). The black tank that comes with the machine is a little one that doesn't last long - an inexplicably mean bit of marketing.

I have a 110+nr - it's pretty good, line quality could be sharper, and VW11.5 uses square pen technology rather than round pen. This means lines at angles other than 90? or 180? are drawn thicker than they should be. I think VW12xx has improved this.

Someone, a couple of years ago, posted a Terminal command that changed the pens of MacOS to round ones. Unfortunately, I can't find it!

"If you want to return to using the postscript loop you can use the terminal to set a default that will tell the 10.3.x print system to behave similarly to how things used to be in 10.2.x. Be aware that altering this setting may well affect all printer drivers on your system, and it may cause adobe acrobat to fail to print in certain circumstances. So, to make your legacy apps produce postscript, similarly to how they behaved in Jaguar, enter this command at a terminal prompt:

defaults write NSGlobalDomain com.apple.print.apple.pictwpstopdf YES

To return to the default "correct" behavior in Panther enter this command:

defaults write NSGlobalDomain com.apple.print.apple.pictwpstopdf NO"

This has worked for me.

I have an HP 110 plus that works just fine, but not until I discovered a setting in printing preferences that is for Windows NT users. Pick the SERVICES tab from the printing preference window and click on the TROUBLESHOOT button. Make sure the ENABLE SPOOLSMART option is not selected if your operating system is something other than Windows NT. Not even the people who sold me the printer could troubleshoot this problem.