Bug with hatches and layer colors?

I don't normally use layer colors but did for the first time today and found a strange but maybe explainable consequence. I'm using a solid color hatch - just a gray line color with a matching background fill color - to fill my walls. When I turned the layer colors preference on and without changing any of the layers' colors, the hatch in the walls changed to black lines on a white background. Everything looked normal in the hatch editing window, just like I wanted it. In the Resource Browser the hatch showed as having the correct background color but with the line color black.

Can this type of hatch and layer color coexist somehow?

When you turn on "Use Layer Colors" it is global. Nothing in your drawing will have color (gray is a color) unless you set the entire layer to use those colors. The default layer colors are black and white, so you drawing is displaying as expected.

It is a little odd though that if you use a hatch with a matching line and fill color that the preview of the hatch in the resource browser displays the lines as black. But this has nothing to do with Layer Colors, the resource browser display is consistent, whether you are using layer colors or not.

I think the preview of the hatch displays the lines just so you can preview the angle and relative spacing of the line in the hatch when you pick it from the Resource Browser , regardless of the color. So I am not sure this is a bug.

Thanks for asking, Peter. You just gave me a "duh" and a "aha" moment. Since the "wall styles" feature in 12 came out I just started editing the existing wall styles to my liking which is just two lines with a fill to represent rough framing. For whatever reason (I'm a relatively new abuser of VW) I assumed one needed a "component" in a wall to have a fill. I like to "use class attributes" for the wall so I can change textures for different renderings, and with that the solid fill option in the same edit window grays out for the "wall" part. So going to the "component" part, I started out with a pattern fill for the component and then wanted a solid one so I went back to the wall style edit window and since the "components" don't have a solid fill option I went with the hatch color. Now I see all I need is the "wall" part of a wall style to get what I want - there's the "duh" part.

Thanks again.

"Poche"? C'est Francais?