HP Laserjet 8000 printing

punga

Question

You'll have to forgive me as I'm not a day to day Vectorworks user; I'm a Mac consultant onsite trying to solve an issue that has developed since my client has updated to 12.5.

This is what I've gathered from users at this point:

The problem is very slow (1/2 hour or longer) printing times involving files that were created and printed reasonably fast previously in ver. 11.x to a Laserjet 8000. When the files do print, what previously had been gray fills turns into a pattern that doesn't resemble what is seen on screen. The print job does not hang around in the print que on the workstation for very long, the printer just gets tied up "processing" for an excessive amount of time. The files also print to a Designjet 20ps directly (not using PS RIP) and a 755 CM (old, I know) reasonably fast, so it appears to be something about going to a PS/PCL printer.

I'm here on site investigating today and may find a setting that resolves this issue, but I'm hoping one you may have seen this issue before and can save me some time chasing it down.

Particulars:

Variety of G5 workstations (iMac and towers) running 10.4.7 or 10.3.9. Using VW 12.5.

Thanks,

Shawn

1 answer to this question

Problem solved...

Go to Prefernecs and turn off Quartz imagining under Displays tab. In the Print dialogue, go the the Vectorworks options and select Postscript printing checkbox and choose your resolution from there. Even 1200 dpi prints reasonably well.

Hope this helps someone else.

Shawn