Cinema 4D 10 released

I asked Maxon tech support if the new plugin would work with VW 12.5 & the current version of C4D (9.6), but could not get an answer beyond this response:

"The VW 12.5 exchange is not tied with Cinema R10, it is a separate exchange plugin. It is

unfortunate that you are unable to Cinema with the most recent release of VW. All I can offer you

is that we are working diligently on making this available to you. We would very much like to give

you as much information about this, however we are unable to comment on software in development."

Very helpful!?!

Hi George

I wonder if they'll charge for this. One of the things that grates with me is the fact that both the Cinema and Artlantis export plug ins were created by the same people yet whilst Abvent supply this for free, Maxon charge you.

It is Maxon's policy on all software never to release information on it or its availability till its ready. At least that way I guess they don't get loads of compliants when it does not meet the given deadline.

Alan

Edited by alanmac

Hi Alan,

I recall paying $49 for the first version at the time I upgraded C4D. That version VW Exchange 1 didn't work very well. There was an upgrade charge to go from VW Exchange 1 to 2. The patches to make it work with VW11.5 & 12 were free downloads.

I agree that since it seems to be similar to the free Artlantis plugin, $49 or $100 is a lot to ask.

George