critique and advice please

Mat Caird

Hi All

I am designing an interior refurbishment for an elevator.

I need to fake the drawing to give it a "expensive modern shiny look" rather than the crusty antique look that it has at the moment.

I have played around with the light settings but the stainless steel walls either become too blue, or too yellow.

The lights are an HDRI background, a little bit of blue layer ambient, a flourescent tube from the "accurate lamps" library, and a blue colored point light.

Thanks in advance, Mat.

lift.jpg

Students at Art Center College of Design are instructed to view their work reflected in a mirror. Give it a try ... things you never noticed before will jump out.

Also, keep in mind that the vast majority of people have trouble visualizing 3d Space. Therefore, an initial 'single point of visual scale reference' like a human figure is essential.

Also, keep in mind that the vast majority of people have trouble visualizing 3d Space.

Indeed!

Generally I think the rendering is good and the tweaks suggested also.

What I would add to EJ's observation is that drgs have to be made to suit the audience.

If the Audience is the Apartement "Condo Board" that you're pitching to, then I would lose the cut away detail at the intersection off the door and floor, the 'mystery box' at the right-hand outside the car, even the hollowness of the stainless panels, etc, etc.

Concentrate on what it will look like for them.

If the sheet is for the building maintenance manager, then the focus will be somewhat more technical and include details like the ones I've just mentioned. and so on......

HTH

N.

Edited by propstuff