Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

autocad's CTB files #2

about the previous post, maybe I was a little bit cryptic.

the problem is that my partner works with Autocad. He uses CTB files (plotter config files) to change colors and line weight upon plotting. This mean the color I see in VW are not the one my partner is going to plot on paper, and we need to have the same color palette configuration.

I'm wondering if with Vectorscript I can change the classes' colors and line weight "on the fly" unpon DWG import... difficult task? Please help me out!!

thanks grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'd guess that if you import DWG into a document with classes that have attributes set to correspond with AutoCAD settings, you need no VectorScript. I'd also guess that you can't really combine import & VectorScript.

I know that it is relatively easy to store & import classes and their graphic attributes. The storage can be another VW file (no programming needed), a text file (freeware available for this) or a VectorScript (a fair bit of programming is needed).

EDIT: Well, I was wrong about import. The DWG-file changes class attributes in a rather strange manner. Embarrassing to me, but no brownie points to NNA, either!

In effect, importing AutoCAD data can ruin your document.

Edited by Petri

If you have a folder with AC file(s) and a CTB file exists in the file, then the Import Dxf/DWG command will import/convert the file of folders, including reading the ctb file.

If you use Single Import DXF/DWG, the ctb file will not be read.

This is included in the help menu under Import DWG files.

A single import option lets you select a single file. There's no linking capabilities for the import to read anything else in the folder.

The batch will read everything within a folder, when the folder is selected.