I must admit that I have not been that impressed with the 12.5 upgrade. As I have said elsewhere most of my wish list items have not been ipmlemented. But also it does not appear to be that much faster. However, the most worrying thing is the screen tends to flash when making alterations to drawings and changing objects. This is not just on my pc but on the other one aswell and this started when both where upgraded to 12.5.

confused.gif

And here is a response to the actual topic:

We just upgraded from 11.5.1 to 12.5 and I too have seen the "flashing" that I think you are referring to. The entire drawing window goes black for a fraction of a second. I thought this was just my machine but I guess not, I will now pay attention to it and try to see when it happens.

Other than that, I am impressed with the upgrade.

I had thought that I also saw some minor refresh of the entire screen when I first updated to 12.5 but recently I have not seen it.

However...Islandmon...are you trying to subject us to some ancient voo-doo spell....I realized all my fears after staring at your pink dots...I think I saw an elephant in there wearing pink polka-dot tennis shoes. After about 2 martini's your pink dots begin to take on an alter reality.

Woaha. maun....I meaeen ausum mon.

The term flashing was started by some guy from Cleveland, OH who startled a few people when he opened his trenchcoat....since then it's been used and abused by some construction fanatics as a form of moisture protection. Architects....go figure.

Pete A

• 1 month later...

I have noticed it too and would never thought it to be an issue unless someone else had commented on it.

Islandmon you are a tripper and I wonder how you come up with some of the things you do - thanks buddy you keep us all amused, enlightened and awake - it is more like flickering. What we see when working away on our screens - how does VW put it there? That may well be the question to answer.

When you buy a new computer, nothing is up to date. The status of the OS is whatever was MS complient at the last update of the OS delivery. It is usually several months, if not a year or more out of date.

Even top of the heap computers still need driver maintenance. It's a good rule of thumb to check for hardware updates - video, mouse, printer every 3-6 months and software updates every 6-8 months.

Edited by Katie

This had to come up. I've been wanting to remark about a loss of flashing. In particular when duplicating objects. My last version (10.5) and all before flashed the objects that were duplicated. It was good feedback that you hit the right keys. Now, no flashing, no feedback and if I don't hit the keys squarely I'm off doing something I shouldn't like moving what I thought was a duplicated object only to find that I'm moving the original. Do it all over....

Regards,

Donald