Can't edit old doors in VW12 ...or upgrade them

sues

I have a plan file for a long ongoing project that I converted to VW12 recently (it started in VW8). The windows and doors are not upgraded to the new plug in object style since, when I tried to do that, they all dissappeared. I just noticed that I could no longer edit a "Simple Door 2" to change the opening angle (or anything else). All the features are greyed out in the Object Info palette.

I tried deleting that door and putting a new door in the wall but for some reason the door leaf of the new door keeps dissappeared (it's visible for an instant only) and I can not get it to be visible. I checked that door and all it's parts were set to the same class and that the class was on and it was. Now I'm not sure how to proceed to make the door swing change without converting the file back to VW11.5.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Sue

PowerMac G5 dual 2.3ghz w/ 4GB ram

There's a class set to be invisible that you need to be visible. Check to make sure you do not have class options set to active only and that the none, door-main and sills class are all visible.

For the older doors from vw 8 - run the Update Plugin objects command.

When I ran the Update Plugin Command, all the doors and windows basically disappear, leaving only gaps in the walls. There are so many of them, it would take very long to re-enter the attributes of each one to fix this. Is there any chance they can make the old style plug-ins editable like they were in version 11.5?

Sue

Check to make sure you have appropriate classes turned on. You may need to turn everything on and then find the class the doors belong to.

The VW 8 plugins are not compatible with VW 9 and newer versions.