Reverting from VW12.5 to VW12.0.1

Kevin

I was out of town when the VW12.5 upgrade was announced. I have been reading various posts that indicated some difficulties with this upgrade.

Here is my question. Can I revert back to VW12.0.1 if I find the VW12.5 upgrade unsuitable? Better yet; is there a way to have both copies of 12.0.1 and 12.5 on my computer?

I certainly would like to try out the new upgrade. However I am reluctant to commit current projects to an uncertain workflow.

PowerMac G5, OS 10.4.7

Duplicate the 12 01 folder prior to running the updater. The updater will only update one of the 12 0 1 folders.

If you install 12.5 from the disk, it will install into a separate location, leaving the 12 0 1 folder unaffected.

Kevin,

We've experienced virtually no "hiccups" switching from 12.0.1 to 12.5. You'll want to remember to move your custom defaults and workspaces from the duplicated 12.0.1 folder to the new 12.5 folder. There may be a couple of menu choices (stack layers, align layer views, etc.) that you'll have to remove from your workspace and reinstall.

Overall, the upgrade has been a significant improvement. . . in server access, 2D viewing (zooming, panning, etc) and especially workflow. I very much like the quick, intuitive double-click access from the navigation pallet to the underlying controls. There will always be wish-list items, but this version is pretty sleek.

Good luck,