Problems with 'Create Walls from Polygons' v12.5

Has the Polygons to Walls tool been removed from the default workspace because it's so buggy?

It appears to have problems knowing which is the inside and outside line of a polygon (causing problems with direction and placement of wall), and it doesn't place the walls in the class you specify.

I'm using a template created in 12.0.1. Is anyone else having these problems?

I can't duplicate the class thing - can you provide a specific example?

If you are using a custom wall, make sure you specify the class by editing the resource in the Resource Browser. Otherwise, the class setting will not stick without editing the master file or the RB resource.

Christiaan,

I am confused. I just loaded VW 12.5 (Fundamentals), and in the Standard Workspace, in the "Modify" menu I have both the "Create Walls from Polygons" command, and the "Create Polys from Walls..." command.

And under "Modify", in my "Convert" command, there is no "Objects from Polyline" choice. The only things in the "Convert" pulldown list are all Convert "to" not "from".

Also, are you trying to convert from Polygons or Polylines?

Peter,

The fundamentals package does not offer industry specific tools, parameters and options. Creating walls, as well as a toolkit of other objects, using the objects from polyline is only part of Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, Machine Design and Designer.

Since the fundamentals program is not designed for people creating complex walls/floor designs, these and other tools (hardscape, stipple, space objects, etc) are not included.

I meant that it is hidden in terms of wording. The Menu says "Convert" - "Objects from POLYLINE", that leads one to search for a separate menu choice for Polygons. Once you know how the dialog box works (which only says Polylines in the heading), the location of the menu item is a personal preference.

George

Katie,

My point was just that the "Create Walls from Polygon" command is still there (and as a practicing architect I don't know of too many building shapes I can't create with "add surface" and " convert to polygons").

I am well aware of the "Industry Series" concept, one that I am not entirely in favor of... but that is a different thread.