Sketchup Import issues

rcarch

Hi Richard

As you are on a Mac I'd hazard a guess that it may be something to do with 12.5 now being a UB based VW and SketchUp is not UB.

But as George rightly points out this is a plug in by NNA so they should be able to give the final word on this.

As my version of VW, Fundamentals does not "qualify" for the plug in to be used by me, even if I did upgrade from my current used versions I've used dxf export from SketchUp to dxf import in VW with success.

Alan

You shouldn't need the plugin if you are using VW 12. The import option is part of the program if you have Architect or Designer. I think Landmark also supports the plugin.

If you are having problems, switch to one of the standard NNA workspaces and give it a shot.

When you go to File>Import>Import Sketchup, please clarify as to what you do see and what doesn't happen.

FYI - If you've downloaded the plugin, it may have overwritten what was installed by the installer. If this is the case, you will need to uninstall and reinstall.

Katie - I have tried everything short of reinstalling the program and running the 12.5 updater. Nothing is getting it to work.

When I go to File>Import>Import Sketchup, nothing happens at all. No dialogue box or anything else. The only standard workspace that has the import option is Architect Classic.

As a follow up - I am beginning to think that this is a Intel Mac issue - my other machines that are PowerPC are not having this issue. I have fully re-run the 12.5 updater and I still do not have the import working. My friend has a MacBook with 12.5 running and he can not get the Sketchup Import to work either, so I def. think this is an Intel Mac issue.

• 2 weeks later...