Dawing border default

MKingsley

Is there any way to edit the drawing border defaults? I don't like the default margins I get when I place a border and have to change each one each time for each border. In 12.0.1, it looked like you had the opportunity to do that in the mode bar preferences but changes I made there never stuck. In 12.5, that option is now gone.

Thanks for the response, cbaarch. I tried your suggestion in two ways and this is what happened. I made a symbol of a drawing border as a plug-in object and set the margins as I wanted. After placing that symbol on a sheet, the margins looked like how I wanted them for about two seconds and then reverted back to the original default settings. Then I made it into a symbol as a non plug-in object and the margins stayed where I set them, however, the drawing border lost its ability to center itself on the page.

Can somebody from NNA comment on how in 12.0.1 the ability to set these defaults was in the mode bar preference window but didn't work, and now in 12.5, the preference was reduced to two options? TIA.