A few comments about 12.5

Sanford

I recently installed the updater, (but wonder whether I should have ordered the DVD instead so I could have kept a seperate copy of 12.0.1) so my existing files I'm working with have all been upgraded automatically. LOVE so far the active wall style indicated in the tool bar!... but also a few frustrations:

1. dimensions seem to flip and move, especially when I go to alter them manually in the object info pallette

2. wall attributes were visible in design layers but not in sheet layers of viewports; I had to re-do them all.....

3. section symbols (altered to fit my office standard) went haywire when I went to move them - size, line length etc. all changed arbitrarily when I went to nudge them into a different place, and I could NOT change them back. Likewise with windows- when changed in the object info pallet, they changed in plan, ie. shown open when previously they weren't. I had to manually go and change every one to be "fixed glass"

4. could not select the roof pitch box while creating a dormer.

Relatively small issues so far, but disconcerting nontheless, especially having to re-do things in files I've been working on for weeks - could it be that I don't have a recent Intel Mac? I'm on a slightly older G4 on 10.3.9. Some of the improvements seem worth it, but I'm a little nervous about the jumpy-ness of it so far, to me it doesn't feel as stable as V12 so far. What are other users experiences so far?

2. wall attributes were visible in design layers but not in sheet layers of viewports; I had to re-do them all.....

There's an option for viewports to turn on wall components - simply select the VP, go to the Advanced Properties button at the bottom and checkmark "Show Wall Components"

The other issues seem to be a file related issue. I recommend sending the file to tech@nemetschek.net for further diagnosis.