12.5 upgrade seems pretty smooth

NNA-

From what I can see the 12.5 upgrade sounds like it was handled pretty smoothly and without anyone reporting that much in the way of major problems. I know that on the Mac side this was a pretty big technology shift for you.

Congrats to all.

I guess that's what happens when you choose to have an engineer as the CEO of the company!

Rick

I have to say that after putting this version through its paces in a work environment using both PowerPC Macs and one Intel Mac, I have been very impressed at the swiftness, stability and subtle improvements to the application. I am quite pleased overall.

Even after reading the 12.5 Update PDF, I am still discovering and rediscovering tools and their refined functions. Given the implementation of not only updated or improved features/tools as well as making this a Universal Binary, I think NNA should be applauded for their efforts to deliver a nearly bug-free and FREE upgrade.

I have to say that after putting this version through its paces in a work environment using both PowerPC Macs and one Intel Mac, I have been very impressed at the swiftness, stability and subtle improvements to the application. I am quite pleased overall...

Me too. I've only been able to put 12.5 through its "basic" paces -- that of screen navigation, common tools and procedures -- and find that 12.5 is immensely better than any other version of 12.

It's such a relief now using it that I can recommend Vectorworks wholeheartedly. Surely some bugs and glitches remain to be worked out (I reserve the right to raise hell about them at a later time), but I'm again speeding through all the turns like old times.

Kudos to the entire team at NNA! laugh.gif

Reading with interest the 12.5 threads in prep for us loading our 12.5 disc in the UK.

Something Mark said that jobs started in 12 will have to stay there for now. I presumed that all the benefits of 12.5 would be gained when opening an older file say in 12 and saving it as a 12.5 file. Is this a correct assumption? Or will we have to start afresh with a new file in 12.5?

I presumed that all the benefits of 12.5 would be gained when opening an older file say in 12 and saving it as a 12.5 file

Hi mw,

Yes, all the benefits and a few glitches. Maybe I'm too picky about the graphic quality of my drawings, but... a known bug disregards "Part line style" in the window and door PIOs forcing the user to select one window/door at a time and reset line weights. Also the Jamb wt controls the sill. In my case, it means individually selecting around 300 windows to gracefully move everything to 12.5.

Having said that, the speed improvement is great and the app is less buggy than 12.0.0.

cheers, mmm

Arch.Ken sez: It's such a relief now using it that I can recommend Vectorworks wholeheartedly. Surely some bugs and glitches remain to be worked out (I reserve the right to raise hell about them at a later time)

It's great to hear that so few problems are occuring with 12.5. But I think I'll wait until 12.5.1 before upgrading. Since I'm still using a dial-up connection, upgrades are a hassle. I have to contact a salesperson and have him send me a disk.

I downloaded 12.5 over a week ago but sadly had to travel to Hawaii on business....really it was strictly business..Ok so I did a little sight seeing. Well anyway I spent the last couple of days slammin' a job out for a client and I am really impressed with the speed.

I eem now speedy gonzolaz thee most fastest computer geeek.

Smok'in

Good job NNA....you are traveling down the right path.

Speeedy had a crash. Went into viewport and selected to annotate....crash???.

Recovered..Ok...no problems..weird?

I theeenk I weeel keeep working.

adioso