Exporting DWG : Extreamly slow

cartier

Question

8 answers to this question

It depends on the options you have selected in the export dialog box.

VW 12 offers a wider variety of export functions, with the need to write more information and export the vector-based information with more details.

If you can give a little more information about the types of settings you have on, versions, vw file size, etc. we could better assist you.

I tried exporting Sheets with 1 or 2 viewports, anotations, crops and a Drawingborder with Title. DWG sise around 1mb (Second Problem: the dimensions also are ofset by half the drawing dimension this also happend in VW 11)

Exporting the design layer by itself generates a DWG of about 1mb, the vw file is roughly 20mb.

I hope the problem of fast exporting and correct position of the dimensions can be solved! Until then its back to working like in good old VW 10.

thanks in advance

Alexander

I've experienced the same issue after upgrading from VW12 to 12.5. I've a 40Mb file (only 2D objects), that was exported in about 1 min. with VW12, now it takes about 10 minutes, 9 of them standing at 1/10 of progress bar. Although exported DWG seems to be OK (circa 30Mb with 6 Sheets and 2 viewport for each).

In my opinion there's something wrong in DWG export from VW12.5, and there aren't any new futures over VW 12.0.1 that can justify this slowness. Hope there will be soon a patch.