Missing Resource Browser

rcarch

Katie - It is in a minimally customized workspace. I can activate it in the standard workspaces, but it shows up in the far right upper corner of my second monitor in those cases. I have resaved the custom workspace, but that has not fixed the issue. I run 2 23" Apple Cinema Diplays with the new ATI Radeon X1900 XT video card. I have a feeling that it is appearing off screen, since the menu does flash with I use the keystroke.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I suspect the Resource Browser is appearing behing the Object Info Palette. After you attempt to activate the

Resource Browser, it actually closes the palette. It appears to do nothing because you're not aware that its actually hiding behind the Object Info Palette.

Could you verify that the Resource Browser is indeed appearing behind the Object Info Palette?

Thanks!

Quality Assurance

Nemetschek North America

Just a crazy idea, but perhaps you had an additional monitor attached to the computer before and the palette is offscreen...try setting your monitor resolution to a different value from the System Preferences (make sure that there is a check mark next to the Resource Browser in the Palettes menu of VectorWorks).

Lyndsey and Jim - Thanks for the input. Using a combination of both your ideas, I was able to get it to activate. For the record, I had to:

1. Turn on Mirroring - palette came up from where ever it was hiding

2. Set the resolution to a lower setting to resize the palette. The bottom was not visible on full resolution.

Still not sure why this occur when switching to the new CPU, unless the video card is the culprit. The monitors did not change. Go figure...

Thanks to all for the quick feedback and helping me resolve the issue.

• 15 years later...

Thanks again. I am still using this method (in March, '22). Since getting the new MacBook Pro a few months ago, I've twice had the pop-up pallet for changing line weights / style move far enough off-screen that I need to use this method to get it back. Today the problem occurred just after I edited my workspace.

Ed

• Like 1