Spotlight rendering

I am a new user to Vectorworks and Renderworks and had a few questions maybe you pros could answer:

I am a lighting designer and want to present to clients realistic representations of their events. Can RenderWorks display volumetric lighting effects? I would like to prepare client presentations of my lighting designs in 3d with renderings including fog and haze. Is it possible to import quicktime movies and play them in a presentation to simulate video projections?

Let's say Renderworks cannot do all this, is there another solution with a third party software rendering program? I have heard mention of Maxon, Cinema 4d and a few others. Is it a common practice to design in Vectorworks and export a .dxf to a more "sophisticated" and of course more expensive rendering program?

One last thing, what is the frame around the persepective view and what is its use? I have dragged it to encompase my print boundry within the drawing area, but cannot find any mention of this feature in the manual.

Thanks.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Renderworks does not support volumetric lighting. If you need this ability I recomend Cinema 4d, there is a plug-in that allows you to import and export directly to Cinema 4d. I don't know if even Cinema 4d will support an imbedded Quicktime movie.

The frame arround the prespective view is simply used to adjust the boundries of the view which helps decrease rendering times.