File Corrupt!!!

adroney

I just lost an entire file! I have it set to autosave every 8 minutes. I was adding some windows when it tried to autosave and a window came up saying 'I/O error, cannot save to disk'. I tried saving it everywhere under different names but I got the same message. Finally I quit the file, unsaved. Now I can't open it, all of the files I saved, including the original one are only 124k. It's gone!!

Just upgraded to 12.5 on an IMAC.

Cannot guarantee this will work, but has in the past for me.

Create a new file, then workgroop reference the 'corrupt file into the new one, bringing in all layers.

If that works, hit save, and go back into Workgroup Reference, and delete the 'corrupt file, making sure to select KEEP IN DOCUMENT for both options.

Give it a whirl...

Kevin <--Hesitant about 12.5 now...

As an FYI, using "Save as" and giving the file a new name is a way to test to see if the file itself has problems or the location you are saving to has problems.

VW 12.5 should resolve a number of corrupted file problems relating to vectorworks. Unfortunately, there are a few corrupt file issues caused by apple OS server.

Are you using the latest OS versions for both the client and the server?