Schedules & Symbols

adroney

I have not been able to get door & window symbols to work with schedules. I place a door symbol in my drawing and use the ID label tool. In the ID label tool, I select 'door object' from the ID Type menu and give it a number. The door symbol is now a 'door' according to the object info palette. In settings, there is a box checked, 'use symbol geometry', and the door still looks like the original symbol.

Here is when I encounter a problem. All of the door's information is set to whatever the door tool's defaults are. Even though it looks like the symbol, the door's size and all other attributes refer to default and are incorrect. These are the attributes listed on the door schedule so I get a schedule with the same default door #s listed over and over. For example, I place a 2'x6'8" door symbol and use the id label tool to add it to the schedule. In the 'settings' dialog box, it is using the symbol geometry but right above that, it states the door size as 3'x7', my door tool default. This is the size listed on the schedule!

If I place the door symbol as a plug-in object, I have absolutely no problems but the door is no longer referenced to the symbol.

This occurs on Macs and PCs, v12.0.2 and v12.5. Please help, I've tried everything I can think of.

Adroney,

Currently we are working on a design that will recognize if the user has chosen a window/door object to use as symbol geometry for a door/window. We will then try to make a best guess as to what parameters from that symbol should be imported into the door/window instance using that geometry. For now we don't do anything and we leave the fields editable for the user to update the instance with any info they would like to have. In other words we do not give any special treatment to red symbols for windows/doors.