Series 'A' install error

Pamela

We are running 3 seats of VW landmark in our office, and when I started the VW 12.5 upgrading process this morning the first one upgraded without an issue, but the second two have me stumped. Both machines will go through all the motions only to tell me that I have entered a series 'A' serial number but the VW 12.0 I am trying to upgrade is not a valid series 'A' version. Any suggestions? confused.gif

Ok, I have now tried several times to upgrade, including a full re-installion of version 12.0.0 with the same invalid series 'a' message.

here is the exact wording...

You have entered a Series A serial number, but C:\PROGRA~1\VECTOR~2.0\Update VectorWorks.exe is not a valid Series A version of VectorWorks. Please enter a different serial number, or select a different folder to update.

Exception Type: None

Exception Value: None

Exception Stack: None

Help please?

Thanks to such a great tech support system, I learned a very valuable lesson yesterday... Don't put the update file in the vector works program file folder and try to execute the upgrade from there. Obviously it won't work! On that note, since I now have our office up and running on 12.5 I would like to offer kudos to Nemetschek for the lastest upgrade.

-p