Unable to Install 12.5 Update - Mac

Ken White

Question

When trying to install the 12.5 update on my mac, I get an error message, and an invitation to check the log file for an explaination. I have read the log, and it is not much help (to me.) Can someone make sense of this and tell be where to hunt this problem.

There was an error in GetAndInstallUpdates.

Exception Type: exceptions.UnboundLocalError

Exception Value: local variable 'zipObj' referenced before assignment

Exception Stack:

File "InstallerScript.pyc", line 1238, in GetAndInstallUpdates

File "InstallerScript.pyc", line 826, in OpenZipFile

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

I am also having the same install problem w/VW12.5. I get to the point where the installer says "finishing?" and the ball just spins away for hours. I have tried this on 2 different computers using DSL on one and cable modem on the other with the same results (or more correctly no results).

PowerBook G4, OS 10.4.7 and G5 tower OS 10.4.7.

I have an US version and have tried to install from home1 150 kb/s, home2 3 MB/s and from work behind a firewall and 3 MB/s. All the same and having left the installer work for hours. Activity Monitor tells that ExtractFiles and Update WectorWorks doesn't answer. If I quit the ExtractFiles, Update VectorWorks starts to respond and uses about 100% CPU. Unfortunately it doesn't completes the installation and pushing the Stop button makes no difference, so I force quit it.

Is the only solution to wait for a installer DVD?

I tried one more time with my best connection and no firewall. Let it stay overnight with the computer set to no power-saving. Two days later I could read a fault message in the console, and I tried another time to install. ?Install completed! It helped to try several times, and let the installer worked undisturbed for a looong time.

Good luck to the rest of you! I will use my time finding out what's new. :-)