Disappearing Lights and Lighting Positions

aleverda

I own the student version of V12 and am puzzled by my lights, lighting positions and set pieces literally not being visible (but still selectable) while Class- Active Only is selected. However they are visible when Classes-Show/Snap Others and Show/ Snap Modify Others is selected.

As I need to have a lighting bar created out of the same symbol and placed directly beneath the other one this is particularly frustrating! Is the only option to set one bar?s class visibility as invisible whilst editing the other?

Another quirk is that a symbol can be inserted repeatedly into the same class as a lighting position while Classes- Active Only is selected and still be visible and the height editable while if it?s inserted into a different class from the other symbol it will not be visible and the height will not alter from zero unless viewed in Class- Show/Snap Others and is altered from there.

Any suggestions?

The objects within your symbols, ie the actual lines etc. are probably not in the same class that you had active when you converted them lighting positions. When you choose "active class only" the class of the lines etc. within the symbol are not in the currently active class and poof they disappear. But since the Lighting Position Object IS in the active class it appears invisible but you can still select it.