V11 to V9.5 ?

Steve B.

Hi Steve

a similiar question came up a while back with no real response from the powers that be, but I did contribute my sixpenny worth. If you're interested here is the thread number, and as I said in the responses I'm guessing its to discourage what Nemetschek regards as improper use of eductional copies.

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=004388

Alan

[ 02-12-2005, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: alanmac ]

My only comment is that as comparasion, Lightwright allows backwards capability to v2 from v4, which is better then 10 years of backwards compatability (in the educational version too boot). John M doesn't seem to see the need to limit this type of functionality in the current version of Lightwright.

I'm certain it's a marketing issue for NM that affects the architectural market as well and am doubtful that Kevin will reply, but can say that I'm now less likely to recommend VW due to a student, due to this particular issue.

I'm certain that the drafting instructor here is going to be very annoyed at this as well.

Steve Bailey

Brooklyn College