Accessories not importing into Lightwright

Hello,

I'm working off of VW Spotlight 12.0.1 and LW 4.1.4. I'm having difficulty getting accessories in spotlight to import into Lightwright. The accessories (gobos and scrollers) are all attached to their respective lights. I exported out of spotlight by clicking the "Lightwright" button in the export window. And imported using "Suggest Matches" in Lightwright. All of my lights have imported correctly, but there's no sign of the accessories or templates.

This method worked in previous VW versions....What has changed? And more importantly, how do I make this work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Gillian Wolpert

Vancouver, BC

LW is not as smart as VW when it comes to importing. It doesn't always figure out that Gobo = Template. Not sure why you can't import accesories into LW. Check to make sure that VW has assigned them a type. (Static Accessory for Tophats, Barndoors, Accessory for Scrollers, Goborotators etc.)

Personally accesories is something that I find don't translate well between LW and VW. Mainly cause LW has a field for accessories and VW doesn't.

It is important that you make a change in Lightwright preferences:

In Lightwright go to Setup > Vocabulary and change the ?Separate accessories from instrument types with:? field to a plus sign ( just a + and nothing more).

This should solve it for you - as long as all accessories that you have are assigned as either "accessory" or "static acccessory" in Vectorworks.

Gillian, you need to turn on the "template" column in LW - the actual specs for each one will show up there. As for scrollers, you need to make sure that the scroller symbol is a "accessory" and not a "static accessory". Scrollers can be added then with the accessory tool in VW and you'll be able to set a channel to it. Another option is to add the scroller in VW with the lights insertion tool. If you're dealing with multiple channels for a scroller, first do what is above so that you get one channel, and then in LW you need to set up an attributes list for that unit.