Exporting Spotlight into Macdraft

Adam P

Hello All,

Has anyone had any troubles exporting a file into DWG or DXF, and then trying to import as DWG/DXF into Macdraft?

I am trying to go from Spotlight 11 into Macdraft that way. Everything exports acurately enough, except for the lighting symbols which don't come out at all.

There is an error on the Macdraft side - "Quadratic B-Spline source found, they will be deleted" (or something of that sort.

Any help,

Thanks,

Adam P

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I heard similiar complaints from people about lighting symbols not exporting, but everytime I have tried exporting to AutoCAD it has worked fine.

If all else fails make a copy of the file, select all the lighting symbols and convert them to groups. This will remove any of the containers that might be causing problems and just leave you with pure geometry.

Lighting devices should be seen a nested blocks (symbols) by AutoCAD. Sometimes the nesting can go several levels deep.

I would also download an AutoCad viewer to check the export if you have access to a windows machine.

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. The odd thing is...

Even when I convert to group with the lighting symbols, it still comes up as 'Quadratic B-Spline' error, but they will get exported if I ungroup the converted symbols into lines...

Odd. It must be easier if I'm exporting directly into AutoCAD. Since I'm looking to export a DWG and then import a DWG into MacDraft, there is another conversion step involved.

But it eventually worked.

Thanks all,

Adam