VectorWorks 12.0.0 Vista compatible

Microsoft is creating "Upgrade Advisor". A small downloaded program that scans your comuter to see if it is Vista compatible. The current beta version only checks hardware. It will be updated to include software evaluation in a few months. This doesn't help if you are shopping for a new computer or don't have VW 12 yet. But it also seems to indicate that at this point - who knows?

George

Right now Vista is still in a beta stage. It isn't customary to use a beta OS with 3rd party software applications, or that they are compatible with beta versions of operating systems.

Keep in mind a BETA operating system is still not the most stable operating system, and most applications will not run in a stable environment, either. The purpose of beta software is to work out issues in the software. As beta's change rapidly, it's next to impossible for software applications to keep up with all those changes. We are also talking about an operating system here - the core foundation of which all else runs.

Thank you both very much for your input smile.gif

I work at an educational institution and we are an early adoption site for Vista/office 2007 - rolling out about 1000 PCs late November - One of the tutors wants to test Vectorworks v12 in preparation for next year - there won't be any point in deploying Vectorworks v12 for testing if it isn't going to be compatible with Vista...

I guess for now I will just assume it is...

Thanks again