Corrupt File Utility

Is there any utility to analyse and fix a corrupt drawing file? We have a site plan that can only be worked on for a few minutes and then the drawing crashes. We get the Mircosoft error: "VectorWorks has encountered a problem and needs to shut down..yada, yada". We literally need to save after every drawing/editing opperation. This makes for a very long day. We have tried the drawing on different machines, same problem. We have tested other drawings on these machines, and have no problems.

Using: VW12 Windows On a Dell Dimension 3.0 Ghz, 4mb Ram, Nvidia 3450 Quadro 256 mb vid card

I do not know if this has anything to do with corruption of files but since I took away layer and class control from the system I have had zero corruption issues. After the second project file crashed it really messed up the VW operating program which required a re-install. I have never been able to identify the cause of the corruption. Workgroup referencing helped to recover most of the data however.

Since then I have set up my own layer, class, sheet and VP structure that I manage and it is working great.

Pete A

Thanks everyone. These suggestions sound promising. I will try them out. We have been using our own layering/class system from the start. I never really got into the VW drawing organization. We really have not had a big problem with corruption in the past. This particular plan is a bit more complicated. One difference I did notice, this plan has LOTS of plant lines, Many ojects have been "plant lined",(including applying plant lines to plant lines - they look neat but the give the cpu a real workout) In earlier versions of VW we used to have issues with them. It seemed to settle down, but I think we are probabley pushing the number even higher with this drawing.