Colour Palette

Kadayi

Question

Any chance of being able to import/export the colour palette to adobe .aco swatch format? It would be a real time saver in terms of workflow to be able to unify the colours used in VW with other applications (it's very time consuming to have to manually alter the colours one by one). Also a larger/extendable colour palette would be extremely useful.

The ability to create a stepped gradation range between selected tones/colours would also be very useful.

2 answers to this question

Kadayi

- There are a number of different colour pallettes available at Vector Depot. www.vectordepot.com

- You can also modify the colour pallette as you wish in a new document and then save it as a Template for future use. Only documents created with this template will have that colour pallette.

- Blends are possible. VW 11.5 Menu Page / Set Attributes Defaults / Color Pallette... Set or choose the colours you want to grade between and then use RGB Blend or HSV Blend to create the colours in between. The No. of steps will be determined by the No. of 'cells' between the two defining colours.

I appreciate the feedback, I already know how to create custom colours in VW and set up drawing templates (the colour blend I will look into). However what I want to be able to do is to be able to export those colour palettes to my graphic designers with ease, or import their recommended colours with ease that is why an .aco support option would be benefitial.

Edited by kadayi