Exclude Lights from Paperwork

nzdavid

Hello

I am trying to create a plan for several shows performed in the same venue. They have most of the rig in common, but each show adds a few of it's own lights.

Is there a way I can exclude some lights from the paperwork and auto numbering. I have tried moving them to different invisible layers/classes but they are still listed in the paperwork.

I would like to be able to create correct and individual paperwork for each show without having to delete the lights from my plot and loose all their attribute information.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

David

This isn't perfect but it will work.

For each of your shows that have additional equipment: Give the fixtures new symbols names.

IE: S4 50? Show1, S4 50? Show 2 ect...

You may end up with several names for the same fixture, but this way you can select what you want counted in the Generate Paperwork/Invetory Report Section.

Your Key would show all the lights for all the shows so you would need to make copies, and edit each key so that you would only have one occurance of each fixture type.

Does this make sense?

-Mickey

• 2 weeks later...

A simpler method may be to assign a "spare unit" lable legend for the non-used units, which will have circuit and unit number, but not color and channel container/number. You might have to create a few spare unit labels, but that's quick to do using Resource Browser and duplicate, then editing out un-needed info in the label legend. This method is a quick indicator that the units remain on the rig but are not used for a particular show.

It would also seem that you WANT the numbering to stay the same for all units on the rig, whether the unit is in the particular hookup or not.

I would use Lightwright for the hookup and patch info, simply noting in the marked column those units not in a particular show, printing only those units pertaining to the show. LW is very good at this.

SB

• 3 weeks later...

You should look into the Workgroup reference feature. It allows you to open and view separate files in the file you are working on.

For instance, some shows I work on, there is a separate drawing for the scenic, another for the seating, and VW creates a "reference" to the other file.

Haven't tried it, but it seems you could make a file for each plot, and create references as needed.