turn off a class with a click

azizg

Question

there's a great tool in AutoCad, but I can't remember what it's called (I think it's an add on with express tools). When you are editing a viewport it allows you to turn off a class's (layer in AutoCad) visibility within that viewport just by clicking on an object of that class within the viewport.

Meaning if you can't remember what class some thing is you don't have to return to it's original layer to find out.

5 answers to this question

Great suggestion. I'd like to add that often I'm receiving drawings where people haven't set up classes at all (sadly such people do exist...). It would be great if you could select an element with already defined qualities, and create a new class from it through a context menu (even if it was something off the properties menu).

There are some free plugins at Vector Depot

(http://www.vectordepot.com/PlugIns1.shtml)

that will perform some of the fuctions mectioned above:

1. Pick and Select Class

This tool allows you to select all entities of a given class by picking one entity of that class.

Contributor: John Greaney

2. Match Class

This tool will set the class of selected entities to the current active class

Contributor: Katerina Panagiotakis

While written for earlier versions of VW, these two will work in 12. Should be part of the VW package!

George