Number Lights in a CIRCLE ???

chstech

This is not the end all be all, but it may save some time. Try selecting the half you want to number. Then select numbering for that selection. If it is the right half select Top to Bottom. Then on the follow through select the remaining instruments and select numbering from Bottom to Top.

In this instance you would be numbering clockwise.

Saves a little time but the CW or CCW seems like an excellent idea.

Edited by jdthatcher

I've already responded to chstech, but for those who also care. Here's my take. It is very difficult to come up with an algorithm that will number CW or CCW. It is possible to make an algorithm for any activity that can be broken down into steps, but the agorithm for this would be long, complex and may require as much or more user interaction than just numbering the top half lft to rt and the bottom half rt to lft. A numbering macro is essentially a macro that sorts the lights by certain criteria and then assigns numbers starting at the top of the list by a given increment. Think about it; do you allow the user to start anywhere on the circle? If you do, can you describe in English the rules for sorting the the lights? If you restrict the user to picking lights at the cardinal directions of the drawing, top, right, bottom, left, applied to the circle, you will have a different set of rules for each direction. Constructing the 4 rules for the 4 CW macros and the the 4 rules for the 4 CCW macros would be possible (I've thought about it some), but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

• 1 month later...