labels revert to default spacing at random while re-spacing data

rickpett

posted 11-20-2004 09:36 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm running VW11.0.1 on XP Pro on a Dell laptop.

I have a problem with legends: as I use the RE-SIZE cursor to shift individual pieces of data (dimmer, circuit name, number etc) to accomodate spacing and crowding, quite often the legend spacing jerks back to the default spacing contained in the label legend, and I have to start all over again.

I have tried every trick I can think of to overcome this jerking: "refresh label," delete the entire symbol, then "control-Z," re-type the label legend in the OIB, delete the label legend in the OIB, change the label legend in the OIB, begin the re-spacing with the particular piece of data that seemed to cause the mis-step, move the enitre symbol and perform the respacing there then move it back ... nothing works consistently. The jerking seems entirely random. Makes me feel like a jerk!

This problem began on my old Gateway laptop with XP Home and persists with my new Dell, occasionally reverting to original label-legend spacing on random occasions.

Has anyone else experienced this? Re-install VW 11? Get a new disk from the home office?

HELP!

I have other issues with labels more similar to CHEGS and JAY, but this one really irks me and is slowing down my productivity.

RP