2d viewport of 3d object

OK, I've managed to model my part in 3d, and have created a sheet layer to display different views of it. I've also created a section view and had great success in getting it to display the way I want on the sheet layer. My problem is that my top view viewport displays the faceted lines of the 3d object, and I want the clean 2d circles from which it is constructed to display there instead. I have the 2d and 3d geometry as separate classes on the same design layer. Any suggestions for Captain Newbie?

Not sure exactly what you're modeling (sounds like a machine part?), but, I often find it necessary to add 'refinements' to my viewports (VP's). I do this in the annotations of the VP, so that if I move the VP later, the annotations stay in place. Of course this assumes that you will not alter the angle of view later, which would throw all of these annotations out of whack. So using your example, what I might try is to enter the annotations and then draw the 'clean 2d circles' , using the VP/model as a tracing guide. Might not be exactly what your after, but might work to get the job done. Also, there may be a preferenece setting for faceted circular shapes. I looked but have forgotten if/where it is. Anyone??

Thanks for the help. I ended up deleting the problematic viewport, turning the 3d class off in the design layer, orienting to the view I wanted, creating a new viewport... and voila, nice clean curves on the sheet layer. Probably not the best way to do it, but it worked.