Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Zig-Zag line

Dexie

Does anyone know of a nifty way of creating a Zig-Zag polyline.

I'm sure everyone has needed one at some time or other.

I usually get by with creating a symbol and run it along a polyline.

It would be nice to be able to control the frequency and amplitude of the line with a simple dialogue box.

Have a look at this thread on solid insulation: http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthrea...part=1&vc=1

Ryan McCuaig has written an open PIO for rigid insulation which draws a zig zag line in the European mode. He has generously made it available as an open PIO so you may be able to modify it for your purpose. ie. delete the containing lines and compose the zig zag lines into a single polyline.

Edited by mike m oz

The Line capability in VW is still like it was way back in the MiniCAD 4 days when I first started. Like dimensioning it is an aspect of the program which needs to be brought up to date.

Other programs like Archicad have had the capability to have line types like zig-zags and combinations of lines and shapes for almost 10 years. Drawing with these line types is just as easy as drawing a normal line, including with arcs and splines. It is time this functionality was added to Vectorworks.