Duplicating resource folders

Today I began to update some lighting resources. in the ETC product range, i want to create a second set of resources designating 750 watt fixtures, in addition to the existing set of 575 watt fixtures.

At the present time, regardless of version, when i select a folder in the resource browser, my only choices to affect that folder are: Rename, Delete, or Move.

In my imagination, i want to select the 'Ellipsoidals*' folder in the resource browser, and invoke the "duplicate" command to **the entire resource folder**.

Once the duplicated folder (and all contents,) is created with the new suffix 'copy', i'll change the individual resource names and edit the symbols.

Is it possible to do this? and avoid having to invoke the "duplicate" command to **each resource** inside the 'Ellipsoidals*' folder?

Any suggestions cheerfully accepted. thanks. shelley

ps; i'm now on mac OS 10.4, vw 12, have to update the signature

Not knowing the answer to your actual question...the easiest thing to do would be to start a new file. Perform your changes in the new file and then import them into a new folder entitled ETC 750 or whatever. No matter what, you need new symbol names for the symbols, as each resource must have a unique name...

Hey Steve,

I'd say that is the easiest solution: copy the actual vectorworks file and inside the copy change all the symbols, and the wattage data. You'll have to re-name all of the the symbols of course, as well as the folder that they all reside in. Then in the original vectorworks file, open the new file as a favorite, go to the folder with your new symbols and then you can import the entire folder in one fell swoop.