labels and oip disagree

I'm working on my first real plot in VW, but I'm having some completely baffling problems.

I created the plot in VW, and only let it auto-number, then exported to lightwright, edited the other fields and then exported and imported back into VW.

Now I'm trying to add focus to the instruments in VW, so that I can render a look or two to show the director. However, every time I select an instrument and change the focus, the labels are refreshed to values from the same position, but not the right ones. To make my bafflement complete, when I undo the changes and then look at the OIP, the values don't match what is listed in the labels. Is there some way to update the data in the OIP based on what the labels display? So confused...

I've uploaded a copy of the file at this link. It's kinda rough around the edges - I'm learning the program as I do things, so I'm sure there are some things I've overthought, overdone or show my amateur status. I'm more than open to criticism/suggestions on those things if anyone is so inclined.

TIA,

Andrew

VW 12.0.1 - WinXP

the set looks like Sam Shepard's "Action"....

Anyway, I think you're forgetting to use Modify/Refresh Instruments. Everything will update to what is shown in the OIP. The OIP is always what the computer sees, if not what it's currently drawing. Refresh instruments fixes the drawing. By the way, I don't know if you should use RX... for colors. Maybe Spotlight will recognize that, maybe not. A simple R will do.

It's acually for A.R. Gurney's The Dining Room. So it's like "Action Lite."

I'll try refreshing instruments more... I may try just exporting and importing again - I may try using the autoplot for vw tools to take the number of ID10T errors down a bit.

I was planning on deleting the exes - it's just leftovers from the way I'm used to writing colors.

Thanks for your help!