"File is Damaged" ALERT, en masse???

Our firm, which is running VW12.0.1 on Win XP, SP2 on (10) computers and storing and accessing all .mcd files on a networkserver, had quite a surprise today, when about 85% of all our VW12 based drawing files now return the "File is Damaged" alert, which then attempts to open the file with incomplete data or often not at all. This is a major problem for us, and one with no apparrent cause. Is anyone else experiencing this same occurrence? Could this possibly be a virus? We have had no problems of corrupted file data in the past, and now today, to have so many files returning errors, there is just no explanation. The other mystery is that this only affects VW files, no other filetypes have any problems, which would lead us to believe that this is a VW problem. We feel that possibly the server has altered these files in some way? Any thoughts, any recommendations on repairing files or for inspecting for a virus.

Thanks for any tips or info.

MPCA

MPCA -

Can you please send me an email with all of your OS and network specs as well as a few files demonstrating this issue?

I was talking to one of the engineers and he requested I gather this information with you in order for us to help resolve the problem for you.

Thanks!

katie@nemetschek.net

Katie, thank you for your reply, we were indeed working with tech support and determined that the problem was not with the VW program, it instead had to do with a faulty network port on our network switch, which was connected to the server. Amazingly, once this was replaced, all the files which had previously returned error messages and reported as damaged files, suddenly started working perfectly with no apparrent damage or side effects. It was a very happy moment for us, thinking that we had lost all our work. Thanks again, could I also direct you to my query on how to uninstall VW12 in the installations forum. I really would like to understand how this is done, with the registry and what not.

Johnny

MPCA