Paper Space

I could use some help with a co-worker...he uses AutoCAD and gets upset when I export drawings to him because he has to convert them to 1:1 (often because I don't think to change the scale before I export all my drawings for the day) He makes many comments about using Paper Space properly, now this may be my ignorance but is there a equivalent to Paper Space in VW and how does it function.

Also does anyone know if it is truly a difficult task to take a DWG that is in 1/4" scale and convert it to 1:1 in AutoCAD? Thanks

If your coworker knows AC they would know that the scale command in that program is really good and easy to use. I'm using VW 12.1, I don't know about previous versions, but there is a little check button in the export dialog to rescale layers to 1:1

Thank you for your information Tom. My co-worker I believe is very much against me coming in with a new program and I think is trying to find a way to show that our programs are not as easily compatible, thus forcing me to learn AC.

I do have the choice to resize to 1:1 sometimes. I have not yet nailed down why it is only on some drawings. Thanks again

I do have the choice to resize to 1:1 sometimes. I have not yet nailed down why it is only on some drawings.

I think it gives you the choice when you're exporting from multiple Design Layers which are set at different scales, otherwise it simply exports at whatever scale is drawn. I could be wrong though.