Using scroll button on Mac Mighty Mouse

I cannot seem to control the sensitivity of the Mac Mighty Mouse scroll ball. It is virtually useless as a means of scrolling and panning because it moves the display at least a screen at a time.

I have set the action of the ball in MAC preferences to one line at a time and it makes no difference.

I could ignore it but it is always being touched accidently and I am left with a blank screen.

Any ideas folks

... but then VW has never been an angel when it comes to panning and zooming.

I have to disagree. Remember VW 11.5.1? Go back and try the boomerang-mode pan. Zoom in marquee. Zoom out Interactive. Space bar, x-key, c-key, v-key. Try various combinations. Back and forth. Bamm bamm thank you ma'am.

It was spritely. It was quick. It was exact. It was responsive. It was THE BEST angel ever when it comes to panning and zooming!

Now in 12 we have what feels like bloatware... frown.gif

I've never been able to scroll horizontally with my "Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2" scroll wheel in VW11.5. Vertical is ok, although a little more "jumpy" than I would like. I know I can pan horizontally but I'm wondering if others have had this problem with the horizontal action of the scroll wheel. This worked well in VW10 but.....not now. Comments?

Since I started this thread here is a summary so far.

(thanks for the responses)

The mightly mouse has a tiny wheel that can be rolled 360 degrees. In a spreadsheet its a useful Mac invention In a photoshop image its a great invention. In VW it could be good also but I am now prefering the spacebar+ left mouse click to pan or more accurately drag the screen.

But I miss the MS Mouse wheel set to zoom in and out as used in Autocad. Zooming is too many keyboard strokes or mouse clicks in VW.

I notice that in different drawing scales the scroll ball becomes more manageable. I.e. the screen moves less. Is it working in the drawing scale and not the screen size? That would be strange. But I can't work it out.Help has nothing to offer on the subject either.

Well now I use the traditional pan function and try to avoid the scroll ball.