Pixelated PDF's

AndyBard

Question

16 answers to this question

It sounds like the PDF is being generated at a low resolution. In the various PDF creation options, you should see something regarding DPI. Set this number to 300 or 600.

Fantastic nice crisp lines. Thanks.

Is there a similar setting for the viewports, as when I render a view port i get the pixalted image again. i thought it might just be on the screen but when i print i get the same pixalation as before , before i upped the resoution. At the mo. it is at 300. but the viewports are still pixalated.

Thanks for any info.

If i make a pdf from the design layer your first recomendation of upping the dpi works fine, and I get the crisp lines.

If i print directly from the sheet layer with various viewports that have rendered images, the viewports themselves are pixalted and so is the print.

I havent tried making a PDF from the sheet layer then printing that pdf. I will try now.

The image does become sharper after putting it through the PDF process. So that solves that problem. Thanks.

Is there any reason why, when I magnify the exact same image, in the sheet layer its pixalted, like zooming in on a a photoshop image but in the design layer its a sharp line drawing regardless of how much i zoom in.

Thanks

Between the design layers, the sheet layers, or just in between zooms?

Does the image get better once the zoom has completed and the screen redraws?

How are in are you zooming? (percentage)

Design layer - regardless of DPI - viewing full page and using zoom tool creating marque, zooming in, rendered image lines sharp.

Sheet layer 1 - selection of viewports on page - low dpi - viewing full page - rendered images pixalated - zoom tool creating marque, zooming in - pixalting becomes worse. closer zoom = worse pixalation

Increase DPI to 300 on sheet layer 1 - viewing full page rendered image much better - zoom tool creating marque, zooming in - pixalation on zoomed in section of rendered image. closer zoom still= worse pixalation.

it does not get better with the redraw.

Hope that covers all your questions and is clear.

thanks

The amount i have zoomed in is irrelevent, in the design layer i can view the page at 50% or 2000% and the lines still stay sharp.

In the viewports viewing the page at 59% is ok, but you can still notice the lines arent as sharp as they could be, but as i zoom in the pixalation gets worse and worse, just like zooming into a adobe photoshop picture.

If zooming in further is making it worse, than the amount you've zoomed in IS relevent.

Like I said, you can choose to send the file to tech@ and we can take a look at it.

Otherwise, there's not alot else that I can suggest.

Ah, I apologise but i think I have led you off on a tangent. The increase in pixaltion as you zoom in was not my issue. Why the viewport was pixalated at all, when the original drawing on the design layer is fine, was my main problem. I apologise for leading you astray.

Thanks for all the help and time you put in Katie.

Much appricated.

This might be a similar question. We can't seem to control our file sizes, they tend to come out massive 10 MB+ which I suspect is the norm for 30x42 @ 300dpi. Is this lost with the compression option? There seems to be that option with the print menu pop up. Does this get changed in the Document Preferences. For some reason I don't get feedback when I change the numbers in the dpi output so I'm not always sure what I get when I print.