scans on upright truss

I have figured out how to make vertical truss etc on stage but want to put GS HPE upright on trussirror out...

Am I right in thinking I can't rotate item unless I follow the instruction in other posts and ....copy the symbol, ungroup, rotate in required plane, then re-group.

I am new to vectorworks, is there anywhere I can dl or can anyone mail me some example 3d plots, inc renders?

Thanks in advance

Craig

Craig,

"GS HPE upright on trussirror out..."

Feeling language challenged....

Just out of curiosity does anyone do 3D plots? I've never been asked to do one.....especially since I would have to customize each architectural "spot" light source to every theatrical lamp....much easier to put up a couple of light sources in the right area pump up the ambient light and use the symbols just for "eye candy" and templates.

Ziska

hi craig,

i have been able to do what you want, here is how i do it.

on a g5, os10.3 vw sl 11.0.1.

1-in the object information palette, make a duplicate of the lamp you want to modify.( select lamp,resources/duplicate.then rename it ( name. hang))

2- select the new lamp then resources/edit, in 3d component. in the edit workspace, select the complete symbol, go to side view and rotate it 180 deg. deselect the symbol and exit edit workspace. you now have a lamp( 2 symbols) that is good in top plan, and can hang or sit in 3d view.

e-mail me for a plot if need be.

hi siska, one might want to show where the ml goes on an upright truss so that the electricians can assemble the beast with a good chance of getting it right. cause in top plan view 10' of upright truss with 3 par cans and a mac 2000 look pretty weird,but in front view, it's like a picture. something about a 1000 words.

but beware, a problem with sl is that a visuallisation of a beam is impossible if the angle (beam to horizontal plane) is less then about 20-22 deg.bummer!

quote:

Originally posted by Ziska:

..and I have never heard the word "trussirror" in my life....so that's a serious question- what the heck is a "trussirror"? (okay- laugh- call me a scene designer- I don't care- what the heck is a trussirror?)

I think he may have meant to say "on truss, mirror out"

Bruce,

Yes, I understand needing a front elevation- but I was unaware of truss with lamps "attached" as a symbol. I've just placed the truss- then placed each instrument in the elevation view...maybe there is a problem I'm just not understanding? Is there a nifty click and go tool to do this which I've been ignoring all these years?

..and I have never heard the word "trussirror" in my life....so that's a serious question- what the heck is a "trussirror"? (okay- laugh- call me a scene designer- I don't care- what the heck is a trussirror?)

Back to rendered plots..has someone actually asked anyone to give a full renderworks sketch using the actual lamps as the light sources? I've always found SL's strength in the paperwork-and 2D- not in the rendered 3D sketch (a missed opportunity in my book- but hey that's just me).

Ziska