Odd white line in door jamb

Ken, that's exactly what it is, but I don't know what part would have a fat white line or why. This is a pretty stock door; the only thing I've changed is the thickness of the jamb part (to = wall thickness). Maybe it's a jamb fill rectangle. Regardless, it shouldn't be like this.

By the way, it seems the door PIO settings dialog box is able to recognize various parts of the door without creating a class (i.e., jamb, leaf, swing). So there must be a hidden attribute (visible to the programmer, but not the user), and I'm wondering why NNA can't take advantage of that to control part visibilities behind the scenes. That way, we wouldn't have the funny problem with "Sills" class visibility. We could have viewports with "plan," "reflected," or even "elevation" settings that would automatically, behind the scenes, control part visibilities.

Pete, here's my confirmation of your "odd white line." The peculiarity hurts only at the edges, if I'm not mistaken...

With Zoom Line Thickness OFF it looks okay:

20115055489.gif

With Zoom Line Thickness ON there's a hint of it:

20115061683.gif

Printed postscript with layer colors shows an annoying jamb line:

20115064515.gif

Printed postscript with pen colors (layer colors OFF), an odd white line:

20115070976.gif

Click *here* for an enlarged view in a new window.

Last example shows what seems to be the jamb having a solid fill wrapped on only three sides with the user-defined part line style (thickness). Although inserted, it seems to sit "in front of" (or on top of) the wall, therefore covering a bit of the wall line. Is this what you're talking about?

As an aside, the thing that I hate about door PIOs is that changing their width changes both hinge and latch positions equally. The insertion point is in the middle. The PIO is too dumb to understand that design and construction often call for a CONSISTENT wall return at the door hinge.

And I hate doing the arithmetic...

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthrea...=true#Post60811

As an aside, the thing that I hate about door PIOs is that changing their width changes both hinge and latch positions equally. The insertion point is in the middle. The PIO is too dumb to understand that design and construction often call for a CONSISTENT wall return at the door hinge.

Ken, have you submitted this as a bug:

http://www.nemetschek.net/support/bugsubmit.php

or bugsubmit@nemetschek.net

Christiaan, I'm not sure this is a bug - it's just the way the door object is designed. With insertion point at the center, changes in width are distributed equally to each jamb. Ken is asking for a dialog box that would allow either strike or hinge side to remain fixed instead of the center - at least, that's what I think he's saying!

Heck, why not. I'll submit it as a bug. Anybody else care to join me in voting for the change? Pete, you described it right. It's perhaps a wish item on my part. I've already posted it as a wish item. I don't know if NNA takes the "wish list" forum seriously...