Spotlight Losing Accessories

Ethan

I have been having an issue with Spotlight losing my accessories. I will be working on a drawing for a while, and then I will look and find that none of my sidearms or irises are there anymore. All classes and layers are turned on and Export Insturment Data does not show any accessories. They are getting deleted somehow.

This has happened twice this week and it is very time consuming to have to re-add all of my accessories from earlier documents.

I have been importing back and forth from lightwright a bit, but that shouldn't remove accessories from my plot, should it?

Ethan

VW 11.0.1

MacOS 10.3.4

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Spotlight and LightWright are both handeling accessories now. You can add them in either place and the other software should pick them up. Make sure that on export you have the LW4 Box checked and that you map accessory the fields correctly. Your Device type should be Static Accessory (New for 11 and LW4) or LW will think they are powered accessories and treat them as devices not accessories and not associate them with an instrument. (If you are using an old libary they are probably still marked as accessories) Check to see that the accessories are listed the LW and that they get imported back into VW.

• 3 months later...

I know I posted this a very long time ago, but Spotlight is STILL losing my accessories every time I import info from Lightwright.

This time my accessories are CXI color scrollers with channel data, not static accessories. I have them designated as "Accessory" in Object Info. I want them to have the same Position and Unit# as their linked instrument, and I want them show up in their OWN row in Lightwright.

First of all, WHY is Spotlight DELETING units without my sayso, and how can I get accessories to work right EVERY time I import and export??

Ethan

Mac OS 10.3.5 / Vectorworks Spotlight 11.0.1

• 8 months later...