File Crashing

Hiya

I have a file in VW12 which keeps crashing on very random actions. I think that it is something to do with a symbol going funny. The reason I think this is because the symbol will not update correctly prior to the crash. Are there any tips I can use to repair the symbol or does anyone know of a reason why this would happen.

Any help would be gratefully received.

ttfn

Mike

Hiya Katie

We are running VW on several machine and three have demonstrated the same problem. We are running VW12.0.1 Two machines are running OS X 10.3.9 and one is running 10.4.7 on an intel machine. There are no error messages the program just quits.

The problem seems to be file related but we have redrawn the file once and that seemed to solve the problem for a day before the problem re-occurs.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

What types of operations are you doing when this happens?

Are the files saved to the local computer or to a network?

How large are the files?

How often do you run Disk Utility?

• 3 months later...

Hiya Katie

I know this is rather a long time since I last posted but the issue seems to have resolved itself. The files were not large. We are talking about 1mb or less. They are located on a network and we run Disk Utility infrequently!

Usually the corruption happened on opening the file. It is very strange!

ttfn

Mike

Update to VW 12.5 - that will eliminate some of the network related corrupted files.

I recommend running Disk Utility about every 2 weeks or so and always after installing/updating software and OS updates.